Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Revised Blog 4

In Plato's "Allegory of the Cave", Socrates explains that learning is painful and it takes stages and time to understand.In Plato's story he describes them being at the cave there whole life with their hands and legs chained. Looking at the cave all day and not even be able to turn around to see what's behind you. He compares this to a PRISON-HOUSE. When all of a sudden a prisoner is let out and experiences what life is like outside. It's a whole new world to him.He's been at the cave his whole life staring at the wall in front of him, all he could see are shadows of people walking by. That’s all he been able to see in his entire life.Now he can see the light and be able to see the sun.He will CONTEMPLATE the sun.He doesn't know what to do now.Should he stay? or should he go back?.He can't comprehend with it.It takes time to understand what is life like outside for him.


"My Place in the Cave"
If I  was in Socrates cave I would be walking out into the light and not be chained in the cave my whole life because I know what my goals are and what to do in order to accomplish them.I want to learn more and know more. I would keep pursuing my dream and not run away.Once said by Socrates, “He will have to grow accustomed to the sight of the upper world.” I’m going have to grow accustomed to the things outside my comfort zone to.If I gave up long time ago I wouldn't be here.Now that I'm in college I still want to continue my education and develop new skills along the way.I’m majoring in Electrical Engineering and there’s a lot of hard work to be done.My goal is to graduate with a bachelor’s degree.There's always something new for you to learn. Along the way I would try to help people get free.I would help them since I might learn a thing or two.They don’t have to stay confused. I  wouldn't want to live in IGNORANCE.

1 comment:

  1. Very good revision of Blog 4! And good use of clear theses.

    The one thing we need to focus on now is DETAIL (the lecture is coming up...) so that you can expand your ideas.

    ReplyDelete